Faceless

Building a Strong Sense Type [Fox] for Beginners

I last played trickster ~10 years ago or so. The game has changed a good bit, so I am a complete beginner again.

After tinkering with the classes, I decided to go with the Fox class for strong drilling and shuriken damage. Hopefully this will be a manageable decision for a beginner.

I did some digging and found that good, comprehensive class guides seem difficult to find.

I am basically using this brief overview as a basis and went with a 4/1/4/1 build focusing my bonus points purely into DA. I am only lv ~30 so it isn't too late to start over, but I could use some guidance on what the heck I am actually doing. Anybody got feedback?

The beginner skills I picked up include: Invincible Drill, Sixth Sense, and Shuriken Master, Basic Detection.

Is my build gonna fare okay later on? Any additional skills I should get before looking to advance at 60? Other mid-game and late-game tips? I'll take pretty much anything.

Thanks!

The only benefit from using a 4141 fox would be higher AC, it doesn't provide more power (unless you're a melee/gunner fox, but it's not recommended for beginners) — things that boost throwing skills are DA and throwing AP (not the AP listed on character sheet, but the actual throwing item's AP).  A good chunk of the fox skill lineup mainly use DA for boosted damage, although some skills also use LK in the formula.

I would recommend to start over with a 4 in charm instead of a 4 in power.  Not only would you struggle on during the earlier levels (with a 4 in power); there's virtually no benefit since you plan on using shuriken skills.  4141 could *potentially* be a consideration if you needed more AC for PvP (or if you're a gunner fox), however.

Here's what your base stats would look like at 400, if you're curious (excluded stats that wouldn't change or don't matter):

4141:

• AC: 149
  • HP: 3090
  • DP: 392
  • HV: 24

1144:

• AC: 74
  • HP: 12090
  • DP: 1592
  • HV: 99
Edited by Serushi
  • Thanks 2

If you want to go as shuriken fox, then you have to go 1144, aside from the main stats (DA, WT and LK) you will have survivability with Charm.

Power work with gun as Serushi mentioned, since guns need AC for damage.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the feedback! 

It's a shame I spent the afternoon getting up to 60. I may end up remaking the character if it's going to be sub-par in the long run with this build as-is. Better a day wasted now then the time invested later on down the line. 

Edit: Does anyone have a decent skill guide for Explorer / Master Thief? Everything I find online leads to a dead link. 

Edited by Faceless

On 6/4/2018 at 12:57 AM, Faceless said:

Does anyone have a decent skill guide for Explorer / Master Thief? Everything I find online leads to a dead link. 

Here, I'll make a list for you.  Master these skills at your own leisure, and your MP permitting.

1st Job (Essentials):

• Invincible Drill (Passive [Auto Mastered]).
  • Sixth Sense (Raises DA for better damage).
  • Stone Strike (Alternate between this and SM for attacking).
  • Shuriken Master

1st Job (Useful):

• Heavy Carrier (I usually master this as soon as I can get it.  It's convenient, but not essential).
  • Basic Detection (Helps you find items via drilling by showing excavation spots).
  • Armor Destructor (Keep this at level 1 until you master all other skills and are ready to PvP.  It's used as a prerequisite for Lucky 7, that's why it is listed).
  • Lucky 7 (Raises luck).

2nd Job (Essentials):

• Precise Pitch (Raises damage on all shuriken throwing skills, level 5 is a prerequisite for Chain of Knives).
  • Chain of Knives (Now you can start to stick with ranged, alternating between SM and CoK).
  • Fan of Knives (Your first good AoE).

2nd Job (Useful):

• Item Detector (An upgraded version of Basic Detection.  In the areas where you can use BD, I prefer it over this — still useful though).
  • Aura of Luck (A weaker version of Lucky 7, but they work together.  Good synergy).
  • Mega Crazy Drilling (A passive for Crazy Drilling, not bad for what it is).
  • Landmine (I loathe mines, but it can be useful for some situations).

3rd Job (Essentials):

• Hide (Requires Aura of Luck and Sixth Sense to be at least level 10.  It's a fun skill on its own, but it's used to be able to use skills like Sudden Attack and Poison Assault.  Hide itself provides no damage, think of it as a "buff").
  • Poison Assault (Requires you to be hidden.  Damage from this skill isn't amazing in itself, but it's a DoT skill — used to boost DPS.  It's useful in PvP too).
  • Sudden Attack (Also requires you to be hidden, but it'll be your main opening attack against bosses once you acquire it).

3rd Job (Useful):

• Explosives Expert (Again, I loathe mines.  However, you can use this in combination with Landmine to create a mine battlefield).
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Dazza said:

Whats your thoughts on whether to go DA or LK Serushi?

Some skills use LK in the formula, but I feel it's better to be pure DA unless you PvP.

4 hours ago, keithshinoda said:

Are we going to get rain of knives?

No plans yet.