Sky

Server Progress as of April 2018

Server Reopening Poll  

41 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should we reopen the server with the current progress?

• Yes
    • No

Hello Tricksters! Welcome to our new website and forum! It’s been awhile since I last wrote an official announcement. I sincerely apologize for the delay; I’ve been very busy organizing international conferences last year (ex.: ASEAN) and more are going to happen this year.

I didn’t have time to work on the updates although I tried during breaks and when at home. I couldn't really focus because of the phone calls and emails that I have to quickly attend to (I don't have a choice, I've gotta do it). The test server was supposed to be the dry-run of our new updates however it didn’t go that way. Instead, we did the testing alone.

Moving forward, below are the progress that we have so far:

1. New Website (https://lifeto.co)

2. New Forum (coughs)

3. Discord Re-organizing

4. Hired new community managers (Ellie, Ricardo, and Felipe)

5. New Patcher Splash Page
GuseZSW.png

6. Revamped Level Up Rewards
image.thumb.png.d67cf745eca0eee55732df0de5f25a87.png

7. Added the missing equipment from Aria’s Rewards List
image.png.e89864034cd4f645b2c68ef1b1b78b3e.png

8. Added the Anniversary Skill Cards in Aria’s Rewards List
image.png.0ceebcd0452b5a0d42154c33d8738eea.png

9. Added Driller Boy/Girl Quest
image.png.a2ba8184eb5af100c32907db8e99a935.png

10. Added Witch’s Broomstick (Boss Room Teleportation) on GM_Ssi Rewards List (GM Certificate)
image.png.7d27ec6dde03ef2cb618496df40be533.png

11. Added all the Egg Shop Equipment
image.png.a26f6b0d83dd714cb37dc41f31a5c07b.png

12. Adjusted MyShop Pricing, made it cheaper with better basic equipment for newbies for sale. Also added Anvils.
image.png.12dda53a02ef3c94d2a6e23ed23e618e.png

image.png.d71f04798cbe6ed85d4dfa4e7bf9316f.png

Regarding the ongoing issues that we weren’t able to fix:

1. Episode 6 Quest: monsters are not appearing – We have added an NPC that lets you skip the quest because the problem is with the client. The monster ID is not supported.
2. Invisible Rare Fuse Items – Once the server re-opens, we’ll start to compile a list of invisible fuses and players may exchange them for another visible rare fuse item.

Below are the upcoming updates that we have yet to finish:

1. New and improved panel – Better interface and more features such as marketplace notification.
2. PVP Ranking on Website – Based on skirmish kills and deaths, we’ll be showcasing the king and queen of PVP.
3. Guild Packages – Guilds, regardless if they’re a pvp or social guild, if they migrate to LifeTO, they’ll receive some stuff to help them start.
4. Lucky Player Reward – Everyday, the system randomly gives a special gift to selected online players (automated).
5. Item and Mob Database – In the panel as well, we’ll be having an item and mob database based on our settings. With this, players will know where to find certain monsters and items; we'll also try to include helpful guides with the help of the community.
6. Daily Spin – Each master account will have 1 chance to spin daily, they’ll receive items that are master account-bound.

If everyone is okay on re-opening the server with the current progress, we can open this April or May and apply the remaining afterwards. Rest assured that all of your characters were saved and no rollback or reset will happen. Let us know your feedback by answering the poll or commenting on this thread.

-----------------------------------------------

Regarding the old forum, we had a serious caching issue after relocating our web server. We would love to to put it on so everyone can view the guides and all the discussions we've made there. If you'd like to help, feel free to send us a message.

We're still looking for forum, Discord moderators, and people who are passionate on hosting creative events. 

image.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I think it's all a step in the right direction. The problems, at least for me and friends, were the difficulty in obtaining simple things such as cosmetic items and gear. Having to grind for gear is acceptable, as it gives you something to work for. However, the lack of gear available(many things were missing from the game, strictly speaking about what was on eTO, none of the korean/japanese items) and the lack of ways to grind for the gear was a problem. Spending hours/days killing monsters in 2-4 only to be able to open boxes that are RNG based to get a cosmetic item just wasn't enjoyable. Guardians being usable in PvP maps also was completely anti-fun, as it basically got rid of any character individuality and gave everyone the ability to use nearly any skill of importance from other classes(though I know you guys were working on removing this, just a reminder).

My friends and I agreed that this was how the original Trickster private server should've been, as close to eTO in terms of stats/items as possible. The lack of season 2 skills was a godsend, as those skills ruined pvp in so many ways, and we've never had so much fun on any other server before. There were just a few easily fixed problems missing to make the server so much more enjoyable and I think the downtime was necessary to get back on track, I'm looking forward to the reopening asap. 

Btw pls have the same server it was hosted on originally so we can have good ping again it was life changing tysm .

• Like 2

Completely agree with Teddy. I have to add, are the Devs able to do skill re-balancing such as nerfs/buffs? I'm not sure if the client supports it but it would be an added bonus in keeping the game healthy, instead of completely geared towards a few classes. Additionally, custom equips and fashion would be great, even if it's just old items renamed and re-stated (?), it would help differentiate LifeTO from other servers.

Personally, I think a complete wipe/restart to the server isn't necessary. However, a soft wipe might be, especially if Galder making isn't what it used to be, as older players had a huge buff with Shadow Eqs and Crazy Drill @ Tap Mine (not only Galder, eqs, etc). Another issue I found was that the Devs did not have anything planned and did not know which direction the game was going in. I hope this time actual events are planned out and aren't weekly ones such as X/O that fall through. 

• Like 2

I honestly think you're doing a great job, but I think you guys should take your time before re-open the game, 1st you need more time to advertise in order to makethe game live longer, 2nd I think making the game too easyeven if it's a game all of us already played will just make people get bored too early and un up dying after a few months, so I rather you to wait and create content that makes the game ne and fresh, such a hard grinding event, poppuri events, where people can get good stuff but also won't be too easy to achieve, i want people to stay i want a lively server, make a low level cap for example where the game stays for a few months stack at lv 50, than raise it periodically, make it last, it's not a bad thing if you gain some money from the shop, i know you don't like the idea of pay 2 win, just make the fancy stuff easier to get ith real cash, so that we can pay you for the great work, people is willing to donate for this project, just take it slow and let people have the time. make the Hype raise, don't do it too fast, and please reset all data to 0

I want to feel like this is the first time we are playing TO, just like when we were kids, people would love it, I want a slow leveling for this game, I spent 8 years on naTO and I want to spend at least 2 great years like I did when I was a teen in LifeTo, I have great hopes on this project, and if you are gonna take long me like a lot more people are willing to wait, we want the best experience from this, and we are willing to donate for this project, you should make some money out of this, because this is gonna be great.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Thanks, @teddy8133, @Twuna, @Leonnow! I appreciate your courtesy in giving us your honest feedback.

Regarding the gacha fuses, we'll add them in our upcoming Web MyShop (in the panel). Players can now buy them in a more expensive price based on its rarity and popularity, this is for players who wishes to just buy them in a fixed price instead of trying their luck opening multiple boxes (saves time, too).

I totally agree that we're not able to give players an access to various eTO items during our previous release. Once we reopen, we'll release more MyShop boxes monthly.

As for the guardians, it's something that we cannot fix as we have yet to figure out how to restrict certain skills in a map. But we can definitely do something with some skill damages, there are skills that we can modify the attack attribute (nothing more, nothing less). 

Shadow equipment will still exist and players may still hunt them for galders if they wish. I personally don't like the idea of wiping because players have invested their time to get what they have now. The influx of galders and high-end gears is inevitable, what we can do is implement engaging events that will slighlty exhaust their funds.

I love the idea of having a low level cap (extremely low experience rate) just like the pre-revo days but I'm afraid it will take a lot of preparation, coding, and testing; that's not feasible at the moment given that we only have 2 programmers (me and Raymonf). I'm not discarding the idea, we might try that once we have more time and people.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

@Sky @Leonnow

The idea of a low-level cap would be good if the server was more populated. However, Trickster is a game that doesn't surpass double digits in terms of active players so dividing the player base like that would only negatively affect its longevity.

Edited by Twuna
  • Like 1

Awesome news.

What do you plan to do about the updates? Near the end of the official server before we moved to the test server, updates were gradually more and more disappointing and you got a lot of criticism on that.

You stated that you will be participating in more conferences this year and will need to answer lots of emails and phone calls. How will you provide better monthly updates to the server? Is there a new developer that will help out?

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Twuna said:

@Sky @Leonnow

The idea of a low-level cap would be good if the server was more populated. However, Trickster is a game that doesn't surpass double digits in terms of active players so dividing the player base like that would only negatively affect its longevity.

I agree with you, this was a suggestion only, if the hype for the server gets real tho I don't see anything wrong with that.

@Sky

How about making multiple CBT tests to increase the hype and to keep the server name popular in the TO community? also give a prize to people who shares the game via socials on the official release?

I know I'm runnin too fast. the hype is real tho

• Like 2

@teddy8133

Just saw your request about the server location, we'll still host the main server in California. ~

@Twuna

You're right, if we have enough people to occupy the areas that'll be awesome. Also, another issue is the item, most of the items in-game are already overpowered. We'll have to restat all the low level equipment and create new sets if necessary.

@Stars

Yes, I totally agree with you. The updates we've made before the server closed was awful and obviously lacking preparation and creativity.

Raymonf and I will still be the main developers. I don't want to promise anything that I'll do these and those consistently because when I do, something happens at work that'll force me to focus there.

But rest assured that I did an internal preparation for this such as hiring people for the company where I can delegate some of my tasks. Also, Philippines is no longer the host of ASEAN for this year so I'll have more time to do things that I'm passionate of.

@Leonnow

We'll surely have rewards for all the players (both returning and newcomers) once we reopen, probably a random 4G card and other stuff that are valuable and useful. (still being discussed, feel free to suggest)

I don't think players are interested on participating another CBT, we've had plenty of those in the past. Haha!

• Like 3

oh wow, i am so happy with this notice xD!, cheers guys, we can still wait :D

• Like 2

Wow, I didn't know I would still be interested in this game after all these years, but your server had an amazing guild which kept me busy for a while before you switched to the test server mode (so the guild transfer idea is great, it's often the community which keeps you in a game and not the game itself)

To be honest, it's been AWHILE since the server should have been opened so it doesn't matter now if it opens tomorrow or a month later in my honest opinion. And since you guys often mention being busy, and your work keeping you busy I'd suggest planning like 6 months worth of events ahead which doesn't depend on whether you guys have time or not. I mean in-game events which can be turned on at the beggining of the month and turned off at the end of it, etc. If you plan it ahead you won't have headaches what to do next and how. It would give some stability feeling to the playerbase too. You could even make an event calendar so players could see what's going on (something like World of Warcraft has)

I just got an idea for a feature, feel free to decide what to do with it. So, Card Girl gives riddles as hints which monster card she would exchange for tm exp, right? Let me introduce you to the Card Girl Trainee NPC who would offer weekly / daily / whatever (weekly if you have fewer ideas for the riddles) riddles for monster cards and she would exchange them for various things if you bring her the correct card. I am thinking of a list with boxes like fashionista box, refining box, compound box, etc. The player would choose which box they want. Personally I would make it a daily quest and the riddles would change weekly

• Like 4

@nariann

Good idea! We're planning to really have an event that will run for at least 3 months, something similar to Poppuri Event. Riddles sounds fun but we're not poetic enough to think of many, haha.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sky said:

@Leonnow

We'll surely have rewards for all the players (both returning and newcoers) once we reopen, probably a random 4G card and other stuff that are valuable and useful. (still being discussed, feel free to suggest)

I don't think players are interested on participating another CBT, we've had plenty of those in the past. Haha!

@Sky

what concerns me is the advertising, prizes are secondary lol, i'd love to help to make lifeTO reach as many as possible, also i think 4g items should be extremely rare, I don't want a glowing population, In my opinion those rarities should be given only for great achievements :D

3 hours ago, Sky said:

@nariann

Good idea! We're planning to really have an event that will run for at least 3 months, something similar to Poppuri Event. Riddles sounds fun but we're not poetic enough to think of many, haha.  

Why don't you make a thread for people to share their "Dream Events" For example I'd love to have an NPC to trade those pointless items Bosses drops such as, Odinea's Ice earrings, I remember I had hundreds in the official TO NAserver, I wish I could trade them for the actual uniques, so I didn't end up kiling a boss a hundred times andd getting no single unique equipment.

Just another idea. :D

• Like 1

@Leonnow

Yes, we should have it. We're not really creative people when it comes to events. I'd like to know what are the events they'd like to have, it could be in-game, in the forum, in Facebook or Twitter.

• Like 1

@Leonnow

The Exchange NPC is a great idea! You could make the Unique Drop Rates extremely low but also be able to trade in those Useless Drops for Boxes that could hold a random Unique of that boss amongst other valuable items.

I think advertising isn't too bad, I mean, a lot was also done before the wipe and I guess you can say it was successful as at one point there were around 70 active players daily. While that doesn't seem like a big number, that's pretty much 1/2 of all TO players at the moment. A great reward for newcomers and returning players will definitely lure them in, but things need to be put into action in order to keep them there.

• Like 2

@Twuna

True, we had a good amount of active players back then. Regarding the exchange NPC for "useless drops", may I know which items you're referring to?

The progress is looking great so far. I'M SO PROUD! :heart:I can't wait for more new stuffs.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Nessie said:

I'M SO PROUD!

<insert a stupid pride flag here>

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Sky said:

@Twuna

True, we had a good amount of active players back then. Regarding the exchange NPC for "useless drops", may I know which items you're referring to?

I'd love to tell you more but I grew old and forgot, I remember a few for example Odinea drops Ice earrings which are just Etc items for sale, or like Spicy dragon eggs and Spicy dragon horns who are etc items only meant to be sold for no more than 50k gold? even Tenter Lion drops like toons of Tenter tentacles (or something like that) which are used for the tenter lion shield quest, but they drop so often and the quests doesn't ask for many at all, so they become worthless.

I may have made some mistakes, been so long since I last played.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Leonnow said:

I'd love to tell you more but I grew old and forgot, I remember a few for example Odinea drops Ice earrings which are just Etc items for sale, or like Spicy dragon eggs and Spicy dragon horns who are etc items only meant to be sold for no more than 50k gold? even Tenter Lion drops like toons of Tenter tentacles (or something like that) which are used for the tenter lion shield quest, but they drop so often and the quests doesn't ask for many at all, so they become worthless.

I may have made some mistakes, been so long since I last played.

Tutankhamen: Flail, Nemeth Hair Towel
Tombeth: Stone Bracelet, Sun's Coat of Arms
Captain Skull : -
Pirate King Karan: -
Count Blood: Blood Lightning Jade (Dark Eye/Pendant are quest items)
Tenter Lion:  - (Red Tentacle and TotV are quest items)
Queen Odinea: Ice Earring
Soki: -
Spicy Dragon: Dragon's Egg, Dragon's Horn

Dashes ( - ) indicate that they don't have one, or is merely a compound waste/galder coupon. If an Exchange NPC is going to be added, all bosses without any useless items should have a unique drop added (unique as in one-of-a-kind). 

Edited by Twuna
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Twuna said:

Tutankhamen: Flail, Nemeth Hair Towel
Tombeth: Stone Bracelet, Sun's Coat of Arms
Captain Skull : -
Pirate King Karan: -
Count Blood: Blood Lightning Jade (Dark Eye/Pendant are quest items)
Tenter Lion:  - (Red Tentacle and TotV are quest items)
Queen Odinea: Ice Earring
Soki: -
Spicy Dragon: Dragon's Egg, Dragon's Horn

Dashes ( - ) indicate that they don't have one, or is merely a compound waste/galder coupon. If an Exchange NPC is going to be added, all bosses without any useless items should have a unique drop added (unique as in one-of-a-kind). 

you are absolutely amazing, thank you.

• Like 3

I think the work they are doing is excellent. I admire how they have progressed with the work, I would like to see the suggestions that the community is making over time. Especially with the drop of the items, which is very scarce, that's what you should work on. Also to give more functionality to the items that the npc (of each city) give us. In short there are too many things, omit my English, it is very bad.

ily sky.

• Like 1