Sign in to follow this  

Well, I tried to challenge myself (I played pure AP Buff when I played eTO years ago), so now I tried making a Racoon with a 4 Sense 4 Charm build, (I can hear peeps saying 'what the hell are you doing?') well I think I'll stick with this and see for myself how will it end but as far as I know these build will be a really tough tank in the end. Hopefully someone can share their insights for this build with me.

I haven't played a coon with this build before. But it's a famous pvp build. ~ 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Sky said:

I haven't played a coon with this build before. But it's a famous pvp build. ~ 

yeah I heard so but I think this one needs good equips to support the tankyness

I hear a lot of people go this route actually, but you're damage at the start will suffer A LOTTT and coons damage is already bad as a newbie character. XD

• Like 1

The only tanky benefit from 1144 would be more MD, but MR kinda nulls that already.  You'll want lower MD for PvP anyway — less MD means more reflect damage.  You'll want as less LK as possible in the same respect (so all arrows will connect, etc).  A base LK of 99 wouldn't go far either.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nessie said:

I hear a lot of people go this route actually, but you're damage at the start will suffer A LOTTT and coons damage is already bad as a newbie character. XD

true, dmg suffers a lot and I feel like in due time I'll be stuck in a rut trying to find a party member of damage dealers

Hiya! I am actually a pure DP 4114 duke(which is actually a really good build, since super hips makes you avoid crits, defense is actually by far the best stat to focus on if you want to be immortal, and have the most staying power while never dying, so I am much more insanely durable than even a HP coon, or HV coon, my offensive options are not nearly as great as a HP, or HV coon, but I do have some, and my compounds are tailored towards HP, going to focus on HV/AP/ele compounding when I start bossing, so DP coons have by far the most durability, but their damage is nonexistent, making them by far the most defensive one, and the definition of an indomitable meatshield/stone wall tank that deals no damage, but takes no damage, and protects the party, so it is an extremely difficult, and niche build that you should not try as your first raccoon due to their nonexistent offense compared to the more traditional pure HP/HV build making levelling extremely painful unless you get some good HP compounds, they are good at taking no damage though if you want to truly feel immortal, I don't recommend you try it for your first raccoon though) who was looking to make an immortal racoon tank just like you, so I can offer you some advice on how it would work. 

Levelling charm types at the beginning is always EXTREMELY painful, no matter what, your offensive skills are horrid for your first job unless you have tons of galder, and you have quite a few really good defensive buffs already to really increase your survivability that you want to get as soon as possible, so you mainly focus on getting defensive buffs, and use normal attacks.  As a result, you are virtually unkillable, and it will take a LONG time before you go down, but it takes forever to kill someone, and with just 1 in power, that problem becomes even worse, the beginning is easily the worst part of charm types no matter what for that reason.  Luckily, if you are willing to stick it out, and work past the incredibly painful beginning parts of charm types, it might actually work out once you get impelling rage at TM level 100, if you put all your stat points to HP, and compound your gear with HP, your impelling rage damage would be pretty devestating. 

That move can deal crazy amounts of AOE damage with high HP, and since charm type offensive skills are scaled off defensive stats, and impelling rage scales purely off HP, impelling rage is one of the 2 best offensive tools raccoons have for levelling if you are like me, and just focus purely on charm type stats, and go duke.  Until then, levelling a coon was painful for me as well, even with 4 in power.  Since you want to be an immortal tank like me, I assume you would be going duke for your 3rd job instead of gambler for sumo suit, and team bolster for even more insane tankiness, especially in a party, and deadly funk for even more CC potential by disabling multiple mobs from battle instead of just 1 of them like skunk pouch does.  Gambler gives you better AOE, but less tankiness/survivability if you are willing to go that route though, but levelling both gambler, and duke can be pretty painful, even if gambler is faster.  If you are going duke, then siren song would also be really good for you to invest in, since it is another offensive AOE that scales off HP, and DP, those 2 offensive skills are going to be your best friend for levelling due to their insane damage, and AOE potential, so keep them keybound.  Other than that, you would mainly just use defensive buffs, potions, deadly funk, and that's pretty much it, levelling a charm type is easy, and simple, you don't have to do much with them in general, especially since you are unkillable, and it is safe, they can surprisingly enough even mount up a pretty decent offense with those skills that scale off defensive stats, even if it would never match the power types, it just sucks that their offense is nonexistent until you get them, levelling them is just painfully boring though, the biggest issue would be magic type enemies due to your MD never being high unless you are a magic type, but you have sumo suit, mana reflector, magic meltdown, and your ridiculously high HP/evasion to easily deal with them, the same thing applies when facing off against other magic types in PVP, XD.

Sadly, those 2 abilities do have a cooldown, so you would be normal attacking quite a bit, and considering that you have only 1 in power...yeah, when those 2 skills are on cooldown, you are going to be in trouble since your normal attack damage would be pitiful.  Luckily, since you have 4 in sense, you will never have to worry about weight, which is always annoying as a 4114 duke for me unless I have a myshop pouch, so you can fully focus on compounding defensive stats to make yourself an immortal tank, or even add some AP/do some elemental compounding with your weapons to make your normal attacks insanely strong, so you can at least somewhat mitigate that issue without too much trouble if you want, especially since you have more options to go with for compounding/gearing, since weight would never be an issue for you, so while it is a prevalent issue, don't worry about it too much, you can at least make it more manageable pretty easily once you start compounding if you are willing to sacrifice some defensive stats, compounding is a lifesaver. 

DP is also pretty useful for those 2 skills, because you will lose less HP from monsters since both AOE skills scale off your CURRENT HP, not max HP, so the less HP you have, the less damage your AOE's do, making them somewhat erratic, finicky, and unreliable in terms of power, DP makes them more reliable, and consistent in terms of damage output, making them great for longer battles, but there is less damage potential once you have max HP, HP is generally preferred for raising the damage of the 2 skills, since siren song damage actually scales more from HP than DP, and impelling rage does not scale from DP directly in the first place, though DP is pretty helpful in raising siren song's damage regardless, so you want DP.  Still, DP is going to be pretty high no matter what from all your gear giving you massive amounts of DP naturally without compounding, and through refining, plus you always have HP pots that can heal you up if you lose too much HP, but just keep that in mind.  

You can always change the compounds once you get some endgame gear to be an immortal endgame/PVP tank, and just add some offense to make levelling easier if you do not want to rely on your DPS friends all the time.  Also, you can focus on HV instead for stronger card skills, and volley kick(though that skill scales off BOTH HV, and AP) which is actually a spammable skill if you are going to be bossing soon, or if you want to focus on 1 mob instead.  Basically, focus on HP/DP, and impelling rage/siren song if you want some really good AOE options for levelling, HV/AP, and card skills/volley kick for bossing, or just focusing on 1 mob.

They are surprisingly versatile, because divas/dukes are pretty good at both levelling, and bossing even if they do not excel at either one of them i.e. the primadonna for bossing, and the gambler for grinding respectively  due to them being able to switch from a grinding to a bossing/1v1 build at the drop of a hat without losing much if you just rearrange your stats, and you get some more insane tankiness, and CC on top of that, so ANY of the 3 pure charm type stat builds work really well for them for different reasons, and in PVP all 3 of them work, so they are really flexible.  Due to that, their offense is actually pretty decent in my mind even if we ignore the additional tankiness/CC dukes/divas get, them not being as specialized as the other 2 charm types does cost them though, and usually I do prefer the champion over the duelist/gladiator to focus on bossing for my power type bunny, but this is a bit of a special case(actually, it is misleading to call a primadona a charm type at this point, primadonas are just glorified power types that are more tanky, but you get my point, XD.) 

I think that just covers my advice on how my experience as a tanky duke was, and how great your offense as a duke would be, your offense can actually be halfway decent, and you can level reasonably quickly if you are willing to stick past the beginning portion of the levelling that every charm type hates,  so getting some DPS friends to get through that portion would be really helpful, the 2 AOE's are the main skills I like to use for my main offense when it comes to levelling as well, so you are mostly losing out with your offense once your skills are on cooldown, and you have to deal with the miserable downtime by doing auto attacks, those auto attacks are not going to be that great even with 4 in power though, so you are not in too bad of a spot offensive wise thankfully, and it is still pretty decent since your main offense that makes up the majority of the damage, and killing/grinding speed for charm types no matter the build are going to be your 2 AOE's, but you are still losing a pretty significant chunk of damage that way. 

The good news is, you would never have weight problems, and it will be pretty much impossible to kill your duke tank if you want to protect your party members with your ridiculously high defensive stats, your CC through deadly funk, and all those defensive buffs you have in your arsenal, with one of them actually scaling up the more party members you have making you a tank who actually gets more durable in a party, so you can always add some AP/elemental compounds to your gear if the downtime is too painful, and for better volley kicks, so you have quite a bit of wiggle room that way if you do not want to rely on others all the time.  Otherwise, just focus purely on defensive stats, and you will be all set.  Hope my advice helps you! Good luck, and have fun laughing at the damage the enemies deal to you with your duke tank in game!:heartt::cute::bow:

...I should probably make a duke/diva guide sometime soon.

Edited by marke34707
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow 2