Raymonf

Removal of the Marketplace Public Order List

Hello Tricksters!

To promote the creation of actual shops in-game, we have decided to remove the marketplace's order listing on our control panel. The item manager not be affected.

Another reason behind this is that another developer created the system, so we do not understand the code. If a bug occurs, we won't be able to fix it. We are also unable to implement new features like pagination for that reason.

You will still be able to store items in the online bank and transfer items between characters. The only functionality that will be removed is the creation of public sell orders.

We are aware that some items are currently untradeable in-game. We have been working on making MyShop items and certain otherwise untradeable items tradeable. If you run across an item that you think should be tradeable, please post a report in this thread.

Beginning on 2018-07-08, players will no longer be able to create public orders on the marketplace.

Beginning on 2018-07-15, the marketplace will only show private orders.

Our goal is for LifeTO to have more features in-game. We welcome any feedback you may have. Thank you for your support!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 4
  • Dislike 1

Friend Finders! :lol:

• Like 1

tl;dr (from Discord)

There are bugs with marketplace that we cannot fix because we don't understand the code. The system was coded by another developer in 2016.

You may still use private trading and item storage to transfer or sell your stuff while offline.

• Like 2

While it is good to encourage in-game trading....I strongly vote against this, for some simple reasons

1) we aren't all playing at the same time, so time differences will cause people to possible not be around when items are being sold/searched for, thus losing out on the ability to buy what we need/want or make money in general from selling our extra stuff, personally I found it very useful when towns were devoid of people selling stuff, and I could just hop on the online market and get something the game outright refused to drop for me

2) having it online ensures that we don't need to sit around doing nothing while selling stuff, while yes, having it online will have several other people possibly selling the same thing, preventing us from selling our items, we still can go on with our adventure, and not sit around doing nothing in-game, while waiting for our shops to empty out (especially useful when, connected to reasoning nr1. we can't afford to leave our pc on overnight or all day long just so people have the chance to buy our stuff)

3) we can sell a multitude more items online at the same time, which connecting with reasoning nr.2, helps us get rid of those extra items and gain profits off of them much faster, than sitting there, waiting for the items to be sold, then refilling the shop again

I'm sure there are more reasons that I could list (can't think of them right now), but these three are the major reasons that I would vote against removing the online market, since until now it has been quite useful, and if the playerbase grows on the long run (hopefully exponentially) then it will be even better for players all across the world to access something that is always there, and is not locked to a specific timeframe during which they may or may not be able to access it due to geographical differences

• Like 4

@Norbi PHNX We definitely understand these; the sole reason why we implemented marketplace in the first place. The system might fail soon and up to this day we don't understand its code because it was made by another developer in 2016. Let's simply say it this way, in case a bug occurs, we don't know how we can fix or deal with it without doing a rollback. :cry:

Alternatively, players may still create private orders and advertise their product in the forum or in Discord.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

While I understand how some people are going to dislike this decision I believe it is a right thing to do. A few points I have in mind. Bear with me...

1: this will promote more interaction within the community, something that any private MMO server struggles to do.

2: Something that bugs me since the first version of the server last year, the fact that some people abuse of the system and post crap after crap with high prices hoping some good soul will buy it. (I even made a post about it)

3: The idea of preventing bugs and potentially exploits that could destroy the server's economy is a yes yes to me. Often we look only at what's more convenient to the players ignoring what is best to everybody(Devs included) on the long run. This is a perfect example.

Now to the problems mentioned.

1:If you have issues with timezone and such, just create topics on forums with items you're willing to sell. This has been a thing back in eTO and can perfectly work on that problem. Back there we didn't even have discord that could help even more. Honestly there is no reason I can't see for anybody not to be able to sell what they need.

We have 2 perfectly functional tools outside the game to help out. Be creative ... use them

2: trickster was created back in 2006, ANY system now is able to run at least 2 clients. If you're playing trickster you can perfectly create a mule to run a shop on the background. No reason to chose between playing and setting up a shop.

• Like 1

I would like to suggest allowing the following items  to be tradeable /droppable please c:

• Bonus eggs,
  • Memory ports
  • MS compound magic stones
Edited by Arualx
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Arualx said:

I would like to suggest allowing bonus eggs to be tradeable /droppable please c:

Nope. :cry:

• Sad 1

tradeable/droppable item suggestions:

mostly for harkon purposes

• resurrect scrolls
  • scroll of the resolute
  • scroll of rejuvenation
  • all myshop pots (if not, just hyperium would be highly appreciated)

others

• artisan's flame
  • gold tempering gem
  • erin's secret book
  • master's authority

as always, thank you so much!

:carrot:

• Like 2

rather than total removal of Marketplace.. is theres any way to absurdly limit the system? to prevent abuse/bug-occours etc.

Admin/GM tweaking the system for server's use, so they surely could customize it to their heart content? maybe..

• Like 1

Guys, please create a new thread. #NoToHijacking

@shanni @Arualx Thanks, pretti grills. ~ :cool:

20 hours ago, Raymonf said:

We are aware that some items are currently untradeable in-game. We have been working on making MyShop items and certain otherwise untradeable items tradeable. If you run across an item that you think should be tradeable, please post a report in this thread.

@Sky :cry:

• Thanks 1

Just now, shanni said:

@Sky :cry:

Whoosies! I stand corrected. ~ :cute:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Extinct said:

rather than total removal of Marketplace.. is theres any way to absurdly limit the system? to prevent abuse/bug-occours etc.

Admin/GM tweaking the system for server's use, so they surely could customize it to their heart content? maybe..

The public order is currently vulnerable to problems. So we're disabling while keeping marketplace's other features. 

• Like 1

This is actually pretty sad, i really enjoy using the marketplace. makes things convenient for me, i can check if people are selling anything i want without having to leave my drilling spot. its also good for people selling big ticket items, these things typically take time to be sold. with the marketplace there is no need to have a shop open for literally days at a time - you could just stick it in the marketplace, and its always available until the order expires.

but if its for the better of the game, then i guess it'll have to go. im gonna really miss it tho :cry:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

If I could just add my input, I feel like the online marketplace is unique and has made this server more fun to play on. Not to mention, it's a useful way to buy/sell items without needing to leave your computer online all of the time. I frequently find myself dropping off of the game just to put my items onto the online bank because I can use that (online) bank anytime, anywhere (and as a power-type, I need to save my limited weight for potions). And then I'll put my extra quest items on there because I know what it's like to need one or two more of something just to get the last sticker for a key quest.

I'd like to think you'd re-consider closing the open sales on the control panel on your website, just because it's a unique and helpful system to plays which separates this server from the others. But, it's understandable as to why it's getting removed. Unless you find the exact same coder to help maintain the site's marketplace funtion...

I just liked selling in-game items like GM tickets, daily coupons, and eggs without much effort on my part. :sweatdrop:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/5/2018 at 1:06 PM, Bluescreens said:

If I could just add my input, I feel like the online marketplace is unique and has made this server more fun to play on. Not to mention, it's a useful way to buy/sell items without needing to leave your computer online all of the time. I frequently find myself dropping off of the game just to put my items onto the online bank because I can use that (online) bank anytime, anywhere (and as a power-type, I need to save my limited weight for potions). And then I'll put my extra quest items on there because I know what it's like to need one or two more of something just to get the last sticker for a key quest.

I'd like to think you'd re-consider closing the open sales on the control panel on your website, just because it's a unique and helpful system to plays which separates this server from the others. But, it's understandable as to why it's getting removed. Unless you find the exact same coder to help maintain the site's marketplace funtion...

I just liked selling in-game items like GM tickets, daily coupons, and eggs without much effort on my part. :sweatdrop:

Wait, you can sell daily coupons?! :confuesd: 

You can still sell your stuff through private orders. Only public selling in bulk will be disabled.