Sign in to follow this  
Stars

Revamp Card ID Drops

75a0ef99573d11703187e6cfb2908bd1.png

If you do not know, Card ID gives a lot of worthless drops. I drop or NPC (which, by the way, yields an insignificant amount of galders) maybe 70-80% of the things I get from this little activity, and I've seen  many others do the same. Tourmaline, emeralds, low level chaos feathers, low level star card packs, drills, and some stones (like MP, MD, DX, DP, WT, low level stones, etc) are not really useful besides the tourmaline if people want to use that for the driller boy quest. 

Tourmalines+other rocks, Chaos Feathers, Card Packs, Most Stones and Drills can ALL be found outside of Card ID. Removing these will not be game changing!!! 
As for the stones, there are some that are acquired only by Card ID: level 200, 230, 245, 260, 290, and 320+ (which we don't have equips for besides level 400 gear). Keep them if you like, however, these stones can be purchased in myshop, and if @Nessie's suggestion goes through, we will have an alternative.

So, to replace these useless things, I have a couple of suggestions for some of the items:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Early Stages:
Image:Land Drill.gif Land Drill --->  
Image:Scroll of Rejuvenation.gif 1x Scroll of Rejuvination
Image:Sand Drill.gif Sand Drill --->
Image:Scroll of the Resolute.gif 1x Scroll of the Resolute
Image:Rock Drill.gif Rock Drill --->
Image:Warp Defense Scroll.gif1x Warp Defense Scroll
Image:Star Card Pack No.2.gif Star Card Pack 1/ 2 --->  Image:Craftsman's Anvil.gif1 Craftsman Anvil / Image:Anvil of Era.gif1 Anvil of an Era
Image:Emerald.gifEmerald/Tourmaline/Citrin ---> 
 {nhFHWqC.png} 1x Repair Powder
AP StoneMP StoneWT StoneHP StoneDX/MP/WT/DP Stones ---> Image:Secret Scroll (Power).gif Secret Scroll (Power) / Image:Secret Scroll (Magic).gifSecret Scroll (Magic) / Image:Secret Scroll (Sense).gif Secret Scroll (Sense) / Image:Secret Scroll (Charm).gif Secret Scroll (Charm)  

Later Stages:
Image:Ruby.gif Ruby --->  Image:Hot Drill.gif Hot Drill
Image:Sapphire.gif Sapphire ---> Image:Ice Cream Drill.gifIce Cream Drill

Image:Chaos's Feather.gif CF 200 and up --->
{jx7Ms6T.pngWhite/Green Elixir

All Stages:
Rare chance of getting ---> 
6afaef67eead89bf890a351468aba770.pngNate's Bottle
Very rare chance of getting ---> 
Image:Sakurako Hairpin.gifImage:Hibiscus Accessory.gif Various Fuses
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In my opinion I don't think any of these will be game changing; players must take the time to farm cards or quest to get them. Though there are an unlimited supply of cards, people still have to work to get them in order to do Card ID. These rewards are also very cheap MS items that are still beneficial. Also, note that upgrading Card ID would encourage getting the actual Card ID skill to get these revamped prizes and may eventually sway the person to follow the Guardian quest line. The market for SC's will also grow, making them more accessible to buy and sell. It would also be more fun and exciting to play -- an actual game with good prizes if you get to later stages.

Edited by Stars
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 3
  • Wow 1

I like the idea of upgrading the drops, however i feel like some people will be getting like 100 repair powders a day from this..... just don't make it too rewarding.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, true. I wasn't too sure about my own suggestions, so hopefully there's suggestions from other people.  If they do implement it, I'm sure it will end up being fair.

• Like 2

Apart from the stones and Nessie's suggestion, I don't see any reason to change the drops, I'd rather find a way to exchange items which are practically useless right now (ex. Emerald, Tourmaline, Citrin, etc.) But that is just my view at the moment, it's open for discussion of course.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, Ricardo said:

Apart from the stones and Nessie's suggestion, I don't see any reason to change the drops, I'd rather find a way to exchange items which are practically useless right now (ex. Emerald, Tourmaline, Citrin, etc.) But that is just my view at the moment, it's open for discussion of course.

I'd love to see an exchange, those stones are a waste of my beautiful backpack space.
Since you do not agree with the change to the drops, how do you feel about adding certain items like nates (1% chance to find) or fuses (.1% or lower) or other items to Card ID? To make it slightly more fun and have something to hope for besides secret cards.

Edited by Stars
  • Haha 1