Sign in to follow this  
Alioran

Gacha Item Boxes and Prices

I was discussing with my guild about gacha boxes and how we could revamp them a little, besides the other suggestion on the board. Currently sellback price for the items are 1 galder each, even if we bought them for 2 mil. Some of these items are things that nobody wants and we end up with a bunch of the same gacha items that not valuable to anyone, yet we still feel like we need to keep them because they cost us so much money.

Here are two ideas we came up with:

1) Higher sellback prices

Have the gacha items have a sellback value at a fraction of the price of the gacha boxes when sold to an NPC, like say 500k galder. That way if we get something we don't like, they won't just sit in our bank gathering dust and we can sell them to an NPC for something that seems a bit more worthwhile. You could have all gacha drops be the same sellback price, or have different rarity gacha drops have different sellback prices (common = 500k, rare = 1mil, very rare = 1.5-2mil).

2) Specific boxes for rarity

This way, if we're not looking for a certain tier of drops, like common drops, we can purchase these boxes at a higher price. We would keep all the boxes we currently have and add the rare and very rare boxes on top of that. Here are two possible ways we could group the items into specific boxes:

1. The rare boxes would only have rare and very rare gacha drops from a specific town town. You could combine two boxes' rare and very rare items into one rare box so there's enough variety (ie: Oops Wharf Rare Box I which contains rare+very rare items from the normal Oops Wharf Box I + II, while Oops Wharf Rare Box II contains the rare+very rare items from normal Oops Wharf Box III + IV). Towns with only 3 boxes will be combined into one box. The very rare boxes would only have very rare drops from one town's boxes (ie: Oops Wharf Very Rare Box would only have very rare items from Oops Wharf Boxes I-IV). 
  2. This might not work for some towns as some have a ton of commons with no very rares, or not enough commons and too many rares+very rares. It might work better if they were split up by amount based on the gacha list. For example, Rare Box I would contain the first 10 rare + very rare items on the list, while Rare Box II would contain the second 10 rare+very rare items, etc etc. Very Rare Boxes could group 10 very rare items on the list.

Rare Boxes would cost somewhere from 7-12 mil, while Very Rare Boxes would cost somewhere from 20-25 mil.

The numbers are arbitrary, so you could change them however you'd like. Let me know what you guys think! :shame:

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Wow 2

Resulta ng larawan para sa cat thinking gif

Hmmmm... The R and VR boxes are actually good. I can't think of any cons for implementing these. 

Let's wait for other players' response.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

My thoughts are:

1. No one will ever buy the common boxes.

2. People won't throw their excess common drops at me anymore :cry: @Nessie

2 hours ago, UberPrinny said:

My thoughts are:

1. No one will ever buy the common boxes.

Actually, I disagree. I think there are a lot of common drops that look nice, so people would still buy the common boxes. If you happen to get a rare or very rare that you don't want, you are more likely to find a buyer for them rather than the common items. If there is a bunch of stuff you want from one box, common and higher, it would be more cost effective to buy common boxes. If you get the common items you wanted, you can move onto rare and very rare boxes to reduce RNG.

I can't comment on your second point though XD

Edited by Alioran

4 hours ago, UberPrinny said:

LMAO<3

I think people would buy the common boxes because like Alioran said, there are actually quite a lot common drops that are pretty popular and still look good.
Also, there is that small chance you'll get a rare item for just that 2m pricing. Also the R and SR boxes will cost a lot more, just for a chance to get what you want just like the common boxes.

• Love 1

As already discussed, the only negative I can think of would be that rares wouldn't actually be rares anymore, indirectly decreasing value.  For this to work, I think the rare boxes should be around 20m+ and the extremely rare item boxes cost around 60m+.  It's a wonderful idea and I would like to see it implemented, however.

• Love 1

Depending on the set value of the boxes. I think it's a good idea. Also lower level people can buy common boxes if it's affordable and have nice equipment. 

• Love 1

good ideas!!

• Love 1

UMMMM YES PLEASE +1 from me. less chance of wasting SAYYY  500m+ on innos or 900m+ on harvest ring. Even if the boxes are more expensive, they’ll be worth it in the long run and make players much less frustrated when they spend months upon months on a single fuse. 

I understand that the numbers you have are arbitrary, but I do agree with serushi for the more expensive prices. Usually getting a very rare item tier from spending 20-25m is super good luck so I hope the devs make it around 50m or higher.

and I of course agree with the sellback prices.

• Love 1