Sign in to follow this  
Damon

Farewell Letters

Question

This technically isn't a bug but I feel like this is still the most appropriate place to put this. Also, this issue is pretty minor, given that it's regarding an unimportant optional Paradise quest, but I think it's still at least worth it to at least bring it to your attention. 

In Eliza Bath's quest in Paradise Spa she asks for Lucky, Cursed, Love, Confession, and Farewell letters. The Farewell Letters seem to have an extremely low drop rate compared to the other 4 letters. 

letters.png.b17ffff5318851a9de7f80d89607a3d1.png

I managed to accumulate over 50 of each letter before finding 4 Farewell Letters (the 5th one was given to me) 
and I was not collecting them all from the start, I only started collecting the other letters after I realized how hard the Farewell Letters were to obtain, just to get an idea of the rates between the Farewell Letter and the 4 others. I used up my Bubble Drill with 700 durability, half the durability of a Sand Drill Neo and about 200 durability on a Flicker Drill before finding 4 Farewells.

I'm not mad about it or anything but I did think it was interesting enough to try and complete! So I think it's safe to say that the rates on the Farewell Letter miiiight not be entirely fair LOL

Again, I know this is far from being an important issue so it's you're discretion in fixing it tbh.

4 answers to this question

Don't drill in the same quadrant of the map. If you're in northwest area, try southeast.

• Like 1

I get them a lot when I don't have the quest for them lol

• Haha 1

Honestly, I never had any issue with this quest on multiple characters, ever. :disappointed:

10 hours ago, Sky said:

Don't drill in the same quadrant of the map. If you're in northwest area, try southeast.

Ah! See, from having a fox, I've learned to drill in straight rows, tile-by-tile in one area! Are frequency of certain items really determined by certain areas of the map? I always believed the drill-spots were pre-determined, yet the drop-rate was randomized. Interesting :o