Raymonf

Magical Soul Nerf Reversal Poll

Magical Soul Nerf Reversal Poll  

78 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should we reverse the Magical Soul nerf?

• Yes, please undo the nerf
    • No, keep the skill nerfed

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/09/18 at 04:00 AM

We've received complaints from some players that would like the nerf on Magical Soul to be reversed.

Please vote on the poll here. We value everyone's feedback, so please feel free to reply if you have anything you'd like to say.

What about 5 second cool-down instead?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It would be very helpful if you can state what its purpose in the first place hahah..

is it something to do with Guardian's Empathy?

would help people choose, if they know why the change even happen in the first place.. thanks (me too)

I think the nerf should remain, especially since great Trickster Set gives out a decent amount of AP.   A lot of people would use magical soul to be jerks, for the sake of tagging mainly — an issue when it came to the mines.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1

Imo regardless of the vote the cast time on the skill seems fair but the cool down does not so imo 3sec cast time with a 3 sec cool down seems fine in my book. More than likely the people who uses will vote to revert and the victims will vote no so we shall see which party is bigger.

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, Extinct said:

It would be very helpful if you can state what its purpose in the first place hahah..

is it something to do with Guardian's Empathy?

would help people choose, if they know why the change even happen in the first place.. thanks (me too)

4 minutes ago, Serushi said:

I think the nerf should remain, especially since great Trickster Set gives out a decent amount of AP.   A lot of people would use magical soul to be jerks, for the sake of tagging mainly — an issue when it came to the mines.

+ It's OP in PVP versus Power Types. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't understand why the majority of the end game mages are relying on this, from my understanding it's a beginning ability that was always meant for helping the newer mages to get through. It was never meant to be used as the instant one hit ko wonder.

Like what's even the point of having other abilities if you can just use this to spam and have more dps compared to when you use anything else. Each and every mage has their ups and downs that's the whole point of choosing elements isn't it?.

There are plenty of other abilities to use for farming and if you can't deal with that sucks for you, it's not like people stay as bunny or cat to farm for glooms since it's too inefficient. "If you don't like how it is for this then make a different class for that" isn't that how it's always been on trickster? Why does the mage get to be an exception?

Considering the devs can't change the formula right now (Confirmed by @Sky in discord) why let this overpowered ability stay overpowered?

I really don't understand the logic here... It just feels like the mages have an op ability and they don't want to let go of it :disappointed:

EDIT: To add to my point. This is a level 1 skill. please let that sit for a moment...

A level one skill that scales extremely efficiently to the point where people base their entire build on this one LEVEL ONE SKILL. This should speak volumes on how idiotic this whole thing is.

Now I'm just a dirty casual but I'm almost sure that no one in the charm class is running around using warm up as their main attack, nor is it stone shower for Senses, and I'm sure that powers haven't touched steel punch since everything else is literally better and more practical than steel punch.

Why I wonder? maybe it's because the level one skills are meant for beginners? maybe it's because it's a stepping stone for you to get your class up to a better place? If the other level one skills are so weak and unusable for higher level then why is it even a question to let the mages get away with Magical soul being so broken to the point where they have their own extremely viable builds? It just doesn't make sense

Edited by Cloudy
added more ranting
  • Like 3
  • Love 2

I joined the game few days ago, and my character is built based on this skill.

I am fine with the nerf, but I am angry about nerfing without any support.

I cannot revert my build, I cannot revert my job, and now my character becomes useless.

By the way, I hope developers remember that, the skill was made for newbies.

Is the skill still good for newbies after the nerf?

Are there any other way to improve the unbalanced situation in PVP? (banning the skill in PVP or GVG?)

Finally, I am leaving the game if the nerf remains unchanged. Thanks for providing a nice platform although it's only few days.

Edited by Royan
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Wow 2
  • Dislike 1

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
BYE.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sky said:

+ It's OP in PVP versus Power Types. 

Can we nerf Arrow rush too?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I’m playing a light mage at the moment, so it is not in my interest to vote “no”.  The problem with Soul Orb is that it creates an imbalance in the characters. Mages are supposed to be support characters that deal reasonable damage. Soul Orb breaks that balance by turning mages into support characters that deal high damage at incredibly high speeds. 

Leaving Soul Orb as it is allows for mages to run around Orbing 80k damages without ever being caught (Because the casting time is ridiculously fast). This allows mages to defeat most classes which they would otherwise not be able to. It also makes it virtually impossible for power types to compete.

It also takes the fun out of Mage vs Mage battles, which normally require a lot of skill. (Just spam Soul Orb). Take note that to counter a Dark Lord, one simply has to use Dark Resist hat. To counter Soul Orb you must use a full LK set, even then you will likely die due to the lucky hits because it can be spammed. 

Overall I do not think that nerfing Soul Orb is that detrimental yet, because of the lack of AP/MA equipments. But once this server releases new equipments and new skills such as Refreshing Dew (if they decide to ever release it) then nerfing will become more detrimental to the server’s competitive scene. 

Solution: I have not tested the nerf yet, but an increase in casting time, as well as an increase in cool down is a good method to solve this all while leaving the high damage.

Edited by criminal

Nerf Logan's LK pls.. My tetra always miss at him :screm: :fire::broken:

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, Royan said:

I joined the game few days ago, and my character is built based on this skill.

I am fine with the nerf, but I am angry about nerfing without any support.

I cannot revert my build, I cannot revert my job, and now my character becomes useless

Don’t want to be that guy, but there is high support from community to nerf it (as you can see by the votes). The fact that players are changing their build and choosing specific characters around a newbie skill, is proof that there is a problem.

You can reset the build quite easily by spending 5.9m, about your job I’m not sure what you can do.

Just know that in every server I’ve played (even the original eTO) there was a huge support to nerf the skill because it killed the PvP scene for many players. Creating a character based around such a controversial skill hoping for no changes to be made, is a shame but it’s a risk you took. 

Edited by criminal
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, Royan said:

(banning the skill in PVP or GVG?)

i would be ok with this :) just let us use in it pve:carrot: ty!

Wow, I didn't know some people will use mage just for a "beginner's" skill :lol::lol:

• Wow 1

So people are complaining that a magic class skill has advantage over the class they are supposed to have advantage against ... hmmm 

But in all seriousness, this was a thing back in eTO and we, powers, had to find a way around it. Leave it as it is.

In my opnion if a mage relies on that on PvP it just shows how he lacks ability to use proper skills. 

3 hours ago, Royan said:

Finally I am leaving the game if the nerf remains unchanged. Thanks for providing a nice platform although it's only few days.

Please ... if that`s a valid reason for you to leave the server, just do it already. Community is better off without players like you.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Why people here are so mean and harsh? :(

Don't get me wrong, I am a beginner playing for about 3 days only, I do not have 5.9mil to reset my stats (I even don't have money to make 2nd class change), I have no way to change my class, my character with my build just cannot do anything now, the problem is I don't even have the chance to play normally LOL. I can give up everything easily, and find a server that allows me to play the build I wish. Yea it is absolutely a valid reason for me to leave. And I think it is normal for me to leave the game right?

What I wanted to do was to express my gratitude only. I am going to leave, but I had a great time here, even only 3 days.

I'm not a native English speaker, I apologize if my wording led to your misunderstanding.

Edited by Royan

1 hour ago, Royan said:

I'm not being mean... If you think that a 3 days effort wasted is worth quitting the server then your opinion should not be taken in consideration because you're not willing to stick around.

Suck it up and create a new character. Just don't drop everything so easily... Also, considering how the game works, It's unlikely that your character is completely unplayable just because of one skill that went wrong.

2 hours ago, Loa said:

So people are complaining that a magic class skill has advantage over the class they are supposed to have advantage against ... hmmm 

But in all seriousness, this was a thing back in eTO and we, powers, had to find a way around it. Leave it as it is.

As I said, currently the situation isn’t as drastic. Once gears are improved and AP/MA becomes easier to balance, it becomes virtually impossible for a Buffalo to counter Bubble. Especially without Lightning Strike. A mage can bubble twice before a buffalo can even reach him. Using LK is possible but a mage will almost always out LK you. The same goes for some sense types. Once again, a Dark Lord is meant to deal high damage, the catch is that Dark skills are easy to counter (dark resist). Meanwhile Bubble is not possible to counter (high hit rate even if outlucked).

1 hour ago, Royan said:

Don't get me wrong, I am a beginner playing for about 3 days only, I do not have 5.9mil to reset my stats (I even don't have money to make 2nd class change), I have no way to change my class, my character with my build just cannot do anything now, the problem is I don't even have the chance to play normally LOL. I can give up everything easily, and find a server that allows me to play the build I wish. Yea it is absolutely a valid reason for me to leave. And I think it is normal for me to leave the game right?

What I wanted to do was to express my gratitude only. I am going to leave, but I had a great time here, even only 3 days.

1 hour ago, Royan said:

Not mean or harsh, it’s just you’re coming here threatening to quit the game because your whole character is built around bubble mage. Meanwhile you’re not even 2nd job yet. 

If you ask around for a bit of help, I’m sure the community will be willing to help. 

Edited by criminal
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Loa said:

I'm not being mean... If you think that a 3 days effort wasted is worth quitting the server then your opinion should not be taken in consideration because you're not willing to stick around.

Suck it up and create a new character. Just don't drop everything so easily... Also, considering how the game works, It's unlikely that your character is completely unplayable just because of one skill that went wrong.

Even before the nerf, I didn't think the game is easy, and now it becomes much harder. And one of the reason I leave is, I want to play sth new to me, and I have chosen this build, but seems this server do not welcome me LOL.

Maybe it's the truth that the community is better off without player like me :(

4 minutes ago, criminal said:

As I said, currently the situation isn’t as drastic. Once gears are improved and AP/MA becomes easier to balance, it becomes virtually impossible for a Buffalo to counter Bubble. Especially without Lightning Strike. A mage can bubble twice before a buffalo can even reach him. Using LK is possible but a mage will almost always out LK you. The same goes for some sense types. Once again, a Dark Lord is meant to deal high damage, the catch is that Dark skills are easy to counter (dark resist). Meanwhile Bubble is not possible to counter (high hit rate even if outlucked).

Not mean or harsh, it’s just you’re coming here threatening to quit the game because your whole character is built around bubble mage. Meanwhile you’re not even 2nd job yet. 

If you ask around for a bit of help, I’m sure the community will be willing to help. 

I apologize if I said anything wrong, I was not threatening to quit. I was just expressing my gratitude to the server.

I want to play sth new to me, and I have chosen this build, and now I cannot play anymore, could anyone help? :)

3 minutes ago, Royan said:

Even before the nerf, I didn't think the game is easy, and now it becomes much harder. And one of the reason I leave is, I want to play sth new to me, and I have chosen this build, but seems this server do not welcome me LOL.

Maybe it's the truth that the community is better off without player like me :(

The game has never been easier hahahaha bro... drop rates are insane and so is the exp

Just now, criminal said:

The game has never been easier hahahaha bro... drop rates are insane and so is the exp

You know, my character is actually useless now.

It’s useless because you put 50 levels worth into AP? You have 3 options:

1. Farm 5.9m and change (I don’t recommend if you’re level 50)

2. Create a new char (Takes legit 20minutes, I can give you help if you need).

3. Continue with your build and just invest your points in MA and change later.