Jump to content
Raymonf

Magical Soul Nerf Reversal Poll

Magical Soul Nerf Reversal Poll  

78 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should we reverse the Magical Soul nerf?

    • Yes, please undo the nerf
    • No, keep the skill nerfed

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/09/18 at 04:00 AM

Recommended Posts

If your build is 4411 then I would restart either way cause even for a bubble mage that is trash. 

In addition, noobs above TM lv 30 should use Soul Orb only as secondary skill, the AP/MA balance of a low level isn’t good enough to bother with Soul Orb. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The skill was never meant to be used in the way it is now. The nerf should remain. It's supposed to be a beginner skill used for a few levels until you're able to get other skills..You know, just like every other class' starter skill? Frankly it's an unfair and toxic part of the game that's defined the meta for mages. A meta defined off of a level 1 skill, now in what world does that  make sense? The only ones who would want the nerf reverted would be the ones who are abusing it to begin with. It's a boring mechanic that's reminiscent of another server when this one is supposed to be the exact opposite. PvP here could be so much more enjoyable if every class was required to use the class as it was intended.

Edited by teddy8131
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Fran said:

Can we nerf Arrow rush too?

Or Ray could add a skill called Warrior's Soul for powers, same concept as bubble except it bypasses SoH and DB.  :clap:

Edited by Serushi
  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

everyone who's complaining about it being op in pvp idgi. have u guys been to pvp? in the last 2 wars, it's almost NEVER USED. 

mages (that i have SEEN) focus on supporting/AR/and immobilization. 

 

people are upset because it's useful for harkon (you know, because not many people show up) and for farming. i've not seen a single mage use its CD/cast time to actually STEAL from other players mobs so ???

Edited by Vivid
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vivid said:

people are upset because it's useful for harkon (you know, because not many people show up) and for farming. i've not seen a single mage use its CD/cast time to actually STEAL from other players mobs so ???

Use wind for harkon?  Bubble is an AoE?

Also, if a tree falls in the woods and you're not around, does it still make a sound?  :thonking:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Serushi said:

Use wind for harkon?  Bubble is an AoE?

Also, if a tree falls in the woods and you're not around, does it still make a sound?  :thonking:

wind is mostly aoes. aoes can fuck harkon up :o

im talking about when mobs break a block. u need FAST SINGLE TARGETS to kill them.

 

also my point is not that people shouldn't complain if they don't pvp; it's that if you don't pvp you dont see that almost no one uses bubble. D:

Image result for my point gif

Edited by Vivid
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Vivid said:

wind is mostly aoes. aoes can fuck harkon up :o

im talking about when mobs break a block. u need FAST SINGLE TARGETS to kill them.

 

also my point is not that people shouldn't complain if they don't pvp; it's that if you don't pvp you dont see that almost no one uses bubble. D:

You have a valid point, but blocking was never intended in the first place.  What we need are more participants, honestly.

The skill isn't PvP exclusive though.  Just because somebody doesn't PvP now, doesn't mean they won't later.  I haven't seen complaints, just arguments why the nerf is a good idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Serushi said:

What we need are more participants, honestly.

I have never once seen you in harkon my good sir :thinking:
Because of the lack of participants, we need to block to win. Magical soul was a vital skill in clearing the single mobs that break the block :c

Edited by Arualx
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Arualx said:

I have never once seen you in harkon my good sir :thinking:

Gotta get that cash money so I can actually harkon, weak as a baby rn.  😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Serushi said:

You have a valid point, but blocking was never intended in the first place.  What we need are more participants, honestly.

The skill isn't PvP exclusive though.  Just because somebody doesn't PvP now, doesn't mean they won't later.  I haven't seen complaints, just arguments why the nerf is a good idea.

blocking has been around since eTO. they knew about it. it may not have been an intended function but they never took it out. 

 

im not sure what you mean to say about pvp. yes, obviously people can start pvping whenever they want. again, my point is that not many people use it. in the last two wars, i have seen one mage use it like 2 times.

 

again!!!!! most people want it for harkon/farming purposes. not that many care that it's no good for pvp anymore (except those who made a mage SPECIFICALLY to use it, for pvp or pve). 

Edited by Vivid
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Vivid said:

again!!!!! most people want it for harkon/farming purposes. not that many care that it's no good for pvp anymore (except those who made a mage SPECIFICALLY to use it, for pvp or pve). 

I understand where you're coming from, but there's not a lot of good solutions unfortunately.  I feel for the people that lost it for legitimate reasons.  My main problem with it would be some mages would use it as a troll tactic; using it to steal mobs from either the mines (people don't like to share) or shadow mobs as it was being attacked (mainly melee blocks preventing it from being tagged).

Edited by Serushi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Serushi said:

I understand where you're coming from, but there's not a lot of good solutions unfortunately.  I feel for the people that lost it for legitimate reasons.  My main problem with it would be some mages would use it as a troll tactic; using it to steal mobs from either the mine kills or shadow mobs as it was being attacked (mainly melee blocks preventing it from being tagged).

i've never seen anyone who purposely goes into mines with soul and does that. not to say if I haven't seen it that it absolutely doesn't happen...do you have names of people who do that? because yes i would agree that is annoying and so immature.

 

also, again, who does that when gloom farming?? if anything aoes are worse than soul (particularly mana storm because you don't choose your initial target either, like electro) because the use has no control over what their aoes hits. the vast majority of mages do not go out of their way to ks a monster when there is already someone hitting it unless it's an accident. 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Serushi said:

My main problem with it would be some mages would use it as a troll tactic; using it to steal mobs from either the mines (people don't like to share) or shadow mobs as it was being attacked (mainly melee blocks preventing it from being tagged).

Thats not the skills fault tho, thats the people doing it. They can still easily KS with other skills before a melee will break through. That wont change sadly.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Vivid said:

i've never seen anyone who purposely goes into mines with soul and does that. not to say if I haven't seen it that it absolutely doesn't happen...do you have names of people who do that? because yes i would agree that is annoying and so immature.

also, again, who does that when gloom farming?? if anything aoes are worse than soul (particularly mana storm because you don't choose your initial target either, like electro) because the use has no control over what their aoes hits. the vast majority of mages do not go out of their way to ks a monster when there is already someone hitting it unless it's an accident. 

I'd rather not point fingers, but I'm certain other people can attest to it happening to them too.  It happened to one of your guild members yesterday, as a matter of fact.

AoEs don't bother me, those are fair play.  Mistakes happen too, like you said.

5 minutes ago, Arualx said:

Thats not the skills fault tho, thats the people doing it. They can still easily KS with other skills before a melee will break through. That wont change sadly.

This is why we can't have nice things.  :(

Edited by Serushi
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Vivid said:

i've never seen anyone who purposely goes into mines with soul and does that. not to say if I haven't seen it that it absolutely doesn't happen...do you have names of people who do that? because yes i would agree that is annoying and so immature.

 

also, again, who does that when gloom farming?? if anything aoes are worse than soul (particularly mana storm because you don't choose your initial target either, like electro) because the use has no control over what their aoes hits. the vast majority of mages do not go out of their way to ks a monster when there is already someone hitting it unless it's an accident. 

edit: actually this happened to our guild member yesterday. but i won't discuss it further because i'm not entirely sure why or what happened. but that's the only incident i've heard of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Serushi said:

You have a valid point, but blocking was never intended in the first place.  What we need are more participants, honestly.

The skill isn't PvP exclusive though.  Just because somebody doesn't PvP now, doesn't mean they won't later.  I haven't seen complaints, just arguments why the nerf is a good idea.

Honey, if you have been reading this post at all you will see that most of these complaints are about PvP.

This has even been made clear by Sky; 

12 hours ago, Sky said:

+ It's OP in PVP versus Power Types. 

Not because of some KSing situation in a mine, because that rarely ever happens. Unfortunately, we can't change a detrimental PvE skill just because it happened to you and one other person.

Also, most people who farm gloom use Magical Soul so that they don't KS, not to KS. They're usually all very respectable in gloom farming, that if someone sees you around a group of shadow mobs, they usually walk the opposite direction. You wouldn't know, because I have never seen you there before and FYI, I'm more likely to KS mobs now because I cannot control my Electro Attack. 

People are complaining that it's OP when they haven't even been to PvP on this server, where this skill is hardly ever used. Even if it was regularly used, please note that a buffalo is able to use Tempest Strike and OHKO me before I can even finish casting Magical Soul with the old CD. @ Me when you see a regular PvPer on this server who is 4411, and is built completely based around this skill xd <3 

All of these complaints about why the skill should be nerfed are from people who may have PvPed in the past on other servers where the stats are very different because of JP stones & gear. To quote Ms. YenSai herself; 

unknown.png

We're in early Season 2 where we don't even have new skills yet and it has been made clear that they will not be added any time soon. So to the person who mentioned Refreshing Dew, maybe talk about it in a few years time.

With these new changes:

- Radiant Strike (a relatively strong AoE that is already considered "slow" to cast) is half the casting time of Magical Soul now

- Scorching Earth (another AoE) is also quicker to cast than the new Magical Soul; it has a cooldown of 20 seconds but the skill lasts for 13, so you're only 7 seconds without the skill

- Mana Arrow is now half of the new Magical Soul's casting time, which is the only somewhat viable solution as a single attack skill for getting rid of mobs that get through at Harkon. Magical Soul allows us to one shot monsters easily and quickly, which proves to be especially useful when there are 4 Gorgons and 5 Charybdis that get through during a block. If we use AR on every single one, the Harkon will have broken within that time.

Edited by shanni
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Serushi said:

Gotta get that cash money so I can actually harkon, weak as a baby rn.  😂

rupauls-drag-race-recap-11.jpg?w=620

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, shanni said:

Even if it was regularly used, please note that a buffalo is able to use Tempest Strike and OHKO me before I can even finish casting Magical Soul with the old CD.

But that's why like elemental resist and rust exists or smth. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, shanni said:

Radiant Strike (a relatively strong AoE that is already considered "slow" to cast) is half the casting time of Magical Soul now

- Scorching Earth (another AoE) is also quicker to cast than the new Magical Soul; it has a cooldown of 20 seconds but the skill lasts for 13, so you're only 7 seconds without the skill

These are a fraction of what bubble damage does. They are also easy to predict, hence you can avoid these. 

You talk about arrow rush, but that skill is counter able with LK. Bubble has high hit rate even if user is out LKed. 

 

17 minutes ago, shanni said:

People are complaining that it's OP when they haven't even been to PvP on this server, where this skill is hardly ever used. Even if it was regularly used, please note that a buffalo is able to use Tempest Strike and OHKO me before I can even finish casting Magical Soul with the old CD. @ Me when you see a regular PvPer on this server who is 4411, and is built completely based around this skill xd <3 

We're in early Season 2 where we don't even have new skills yet and it has been made clear that they will not be added any time soon. So to the person who mentioned Refreshing Dew, maybe talk about it in a few years time.

I don’t get this, the skill is not used in PvP yet you’re a pvper with a Soul Orb build? I mean it’s true I haven’t been in many wars, I’m far too weak. But the three times I went I saw twice a bubble mage. It’s what discouraged me from going DL. 

Unless old cooldown was different from any other server, a mage can Orb twice before a charging buff can cast Soul Orb once. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Serushi said:

But that's why like elemental resist and rust exists or smth. 😂

is the complaint not that it's strong?? not that it has no counters (which hp/MD exist btw)

i have 2k+ MA and i need 3 souls to kill Homosexual (a bunny) IF he doesn't tetra me first. It's not hard to counter in pvp. Gear and good stats are easy to come by on this server.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vivid said:

is the complaint not that it's strong?? not that it has no counters (which hp/MD exist btw)

i have 2k+ MA and i need 3 souls to kill Homosexual (a bunny) IF he doesn't tetra me first. It's not hard to counter in pvp. Gear and good stats are easy to come by on this server.

Very strong depending on the RNG, same with SoH. 

Sounds like you need more AP too, it scales better with Magical Soul.  Can hit 200k with it easy in PvP if you know how to build around it without sacrificing MA as much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, criminal said:

These are a fraction of what bubble damage does. They are also easy to predict, hence you can avoid these. 

You talk about arrow rush, but that skill is counter able with LK. Bubble has high hit rate even if user is out LKed. 

I don’t get this, the skill is not used in PvP yet you’re a pvper with a Soul Orb build? I mean it’s true I haven’t been in many wars, I’m far too weak. But the three times I went I saw twice a bubble mage. It’s what discouraged me from going DL. 

Unless old cooldown was different from any other server, a mage can Orb twice before a charging buff can cast Soul Orb once. 

Firstly, I am not a PvPer. I have never claimed to be one, and never will. 

Secondly, I mentioned Arrow Rush in terms of Harkon being the only viable skill to single attack mobs that get through. Read again.

Thirdly, I do not have a "Soul Orb" build. I am a 1432 sheep, with all points in MA. There are no bubble mages in PvP. Try again.

I don't understand the point you are trying ever so hard to make.

 

Edited by shanni
forgot to add quotation marks on soul orb :))!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Serushi said:

Very strong depending on the RNG, same with SoH. 

Sounds like you need more AP too, it scales better with Magical Soul.  Can hit 200k with it easy in PvP if you know how to build around it without sacrificing MA as much. 

and i don't have more ap cause guess what??? I DON'T USE SOUL IN PVP LOL ie the vast majority of mages rn. ill break it down

 

vienne: doesnt usually war bc i use my cat. when i do, i use shard, electro, and heals for my party

wildcat: never seen her use soul

jheredy: never seen him use soul

shan: doesn't pvp

hayi: used it like two times one war

butters: focuses on AR and supporting team

Edited by Vivid
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vivid said:

and i don't have more ap cause guess what??? I DON'T USE SOUL IN PVP LOL

You can't abuse it in PvP now anyway with the nerf, so don't worry about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Serushi said:

You can't abuse it in PvP now anyway with the nerf, so don't worry about it.

No one did to start off with. 

I feel like you talk without knowing what you are trying to talk about.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×