Sign in to follow this  
shanni

Changes to Gloom Farming Drops

With more and more people getting their guardians, Path to Caballa Relics really is getting way too crowded.

Yes, there are other maps players have the option to farm at, however most players still stick to farming at Relics. Why?

Well, despite the fact that Path to Caballa Relics usually is over-crowded, not getting as much money from the other maps may be the reason why players may feel discouraged from switching to a different map to farm at.

So rather than increase the number of monsters within the map, I thought it would be worth suggesting to amend the drops themselves instead.

Here are the equipment drops & their sell values as it stands:

Coral Beach Field 1 - Blue Wave

notes: wayyyy too many different drops, only worth picking the demon shields and up. having to pick and select what to pick up makes it slower to fill our inventories.

Luna_Stick.gifGloom Luna Stick - 79,750g
3Gloom Bone Dagger - 71,500g
7Gloom Flame Shield - 67,375g
6Gloom Demon Shield - 64,487g
11Gloom Hand Cannon - 50,875g 
12Gloom Pugio - 50,875g
4Gloom Sten Gun - 22,000g

Path to Oops Wharf

notes:
eq drops feel noticeably less frequent than the other two maps. a slight drop increase may make this map on par with the other two maps. + sten guns sell for way too little in comparison to the other drops & are not worth picking up. again, having to pick and select what to pick up makes it slower to fill our inventories & paired with the less frequent drops, no wonder why this map isn't used as much :(

2Gloom Diamond Stick - 67,375g
4Gloom Sten Gun - 22,000g

Path to Caballa Relics

notes: currently the best map to farm at, hence why it is where most people farm at

6Gloom Demon Helm - 64,487g
1Gloom Lucky 7 - 63,250g

As you can see, Path to Caballa Relics does not drop any Gloom Sten Guns, Hand Cannons or Pugios. I believe that many people avoid the other two maps because of this; the shadow monsters in the other two maps drop equipment that can be sold for much less, thus making it slower to farm in the end. However, if we were to remove them, players may be more willing to farm at Coral Field 1 and Path to Oops Wharf. Thus, allowing players to disperse, rather than clog up the one map and fight each other for mobs.

With the new changes, the drops would look like this:

Coral Beach Field 1 - Blue Wave

changes: removed the drops that aren't worth picking up

7Gloom Flame Shield - 67,375g
6Gloom Demon Shield - 64,487g

Path to Oops Wharf

changes: replaced the Gloom Sten Gun with the lowest selling equipment out of the two maps

2Gloom Diamond Stick - 67,375g
1Gloom Lucky 7 - 63,250g

Path to Caballa Relics

changes: none

6Gloom Demon Helm - 64,487g
1Gloom Lucky 7 - 63,250g

thanks in advance:carrot:

Edited by shanni
  • Love 11
  • Wow 1

Totally agree, I sometimes move to path to oops when it is less efficient at path to relics due to competition. However, as you stated, some of the drops just aren't worth it and feel less frequent :bow:

• Love 1

@Muchi i did think about that as an option too, however sten guns weigh so much less than the other gears that it would be kind of unfair. of course they could always increase the wt too but idk, i think the easiest option is to just remove them from the maps mentioned. they can still be obtainable in snow fields, etc. if players want those guns.

also, people don't even pick up gloom hand cannons/pugios when coral gloom farming which sell for 50k each, so i just don't think that would work :(

Edited by shanni
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Muchi said:

orrr......Just increase sten gun sell price to 55k+ ish #ezyfix ? :S

Multiply that by 0.1 and you've got yourself a deal!

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1