Nessie

Nessie's Guide to Guardians

gNM2LAu.png

Hello! This is my first guide but I wanted to give it a try since I know a lot of people have questions.

To be honest, getting your first guardian can be pretty complicated and confusing.

I'll try my best to explain!

First you'll need to get

Card Identification (or card ID for short)

Things you need:

Arcana_Brave_Card.gif 1x Arcana Brave Card

Image:Arcana Smart Card.gif 1x Arcana Smart Card

Arcana_Dream_Card.gif 1x Arcana Dream Card

Arcana_Love_Card.gif 1x Arcana Love Card

Harkon_Shard.gif 5x Harkon Shard

To get the Arcana Cards, you need to do Card Quests.

You can get the Smart Cards from Card Girl In Southeast Forest. She wants Sppo, Forest Mantis and Koom Cards.

Brave Cards you can get from the Card Quests in Caballa Relic Gate. She wants Mimic, Chibcha and Chimu Cards.

You can get your Love Card from doing her first Card Quest for level 50 in Phantom School Gate. She Wants Inky Muck Cards.

For some reason the lowest level to get Dream Cards is at level 100. Needing a Beast Vincento Card. If you don't want to wait till level 100, then I'm sure someone will kindly give you one.

To get Harkon Shards, you'll need to go to Path to Mermaid Palace 1 / 2 and get Harkon Heirlooms. You get them by killing Cone Stones or by drilling in Path to Mermaid Palace 1 / 2.

You'll need to be level 65+ and have 2nd job to do this quest.

Go to Poppuri Dungeon in Southeast Forest then head to Poppuri Dungeon - Rainbow Cave and talk to Curious Poppuri.

He'll transport you to Fairy Nono who will ask for four different kinds of Crests.

You'll be asked to fight four monsters that have the same typing as each Arcana Card.

Each time it'll teleport you out, just use the Ports they give you to teleport back.

They aren't that hard so you shouldn't have that much trouble with it.

Once you defeat all and you've finished Fairy Nono's Quest, go to Poppuri Dungeon - Moss Cave and talk to Artisan Poppuri.

He'll want the Trickster Crest and 5 Harkon Shards

Go back to Fairy Nono and give her your Trickster Certificate and BAM you're done! Now level up some and go get your Soul Seed. :heartt:

To play Card ID, all it is, is just a mini game where you get to match cards.

You'll need cards to play. Card ID is used to get Secret Cards, that you will need later to get your guardian.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Next you'll need to get your

Soul Seed

Things you need:

Card_Identification.jpg 1x Card Identification

Letter.gif 1x Questionable Letter

Shard_of_Spirit.gif 10x Iron Knight's Soul

Shard_of_Spirit.gif 10x Brass Knight's Soul

Shard_of_Spirit.gif 10x Bone Fighter's Soul

Shard_of_Spirit.gif 10x Bone Warrior's Soul

Shard_of_Spirit.gif 10x Bone Magician's Soul

Thorn_Lotus_Seed.gif 15x Cobra Flower Seed

Thorn_Lotus_Seed.gif 15x Tooth Flower Seed

Milk_Vetch_Seed.gif 15x Mud Bigfoot Seed

Ginseng_Seed.gif 15x Lotus Wormhole Seed

You'll receive the Questionable Letter when you reach level 135 by mail.

To get the Souls, they each come from their own respective monsters. They all are located in Vamp Castle.

To get the Cobra Flower Seed, Tooth Flower Seed and Lotus Wormhole Seed those are located in Swamp Dungeon.

For the Mud Bigfoot Seed, you can get that at Swamp Field 6.

You'll need to be level 135+, have 3rd job, have Card ID and Questionable Letter.

You'll also have to have started Episode 3 quests to get to Mirage Island Field 7 - Guardian's Square.

Go to the Trickster's Shrine and talk to the Light Filled Egg.

It'll want to see your Questionable Letter. Then it'll Teleport you to Spirit of Nefertiti.

She'll ask you for some items then teleport you to Eclipse's Dimension, who will give you a key so you can teleport back.

She will take you to the quests where you will need the Souls and Seeds.

You'll also get teleported to Rose Garden Park and be asked to do some Monster Quests. They're pretty easy.

Go back to Spirit of Nefertiti and CONGRATS! You got your Soul Seed!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Now's the FUN part     just kidding it sucks

EMPATHIZING

You know.. the part that everyone loves

First you'll have to decide on which guardian you want!

There's four to choose from (excluding which title you want).

Sephirens (Power)

Sephirens.gif                   The_Superior_Sephirens.gif                   The_Mighty_Sephirens.gif                 The_Legendary_Sephirens.gif   

Sephirens.png The_Superior_Sephirens.png The_Mighty_Sephirens.png The_Legendary_Sephirens.png

Digrimm (Magic)

Digrimm.gif                The_Superior_Digrimm.gif                  The_Mighty_Digrimm.gif                The_Legendary_Digrimm.gif

Digrimm.png The_Superior_Digrimm.png The_Mighty_Digrimm.png The_Legendary_Digrimm.png

Ifron (Sense)

Ifron.gif                                    The_Superior_Ifron.gif                                   The_Mighty_Ifron.gif                                     The_Legendary_Ifron.gif                      

Ifron.png The_Superior_Ifron.png The_Mighty_Ifron.png The_Legendary_Ifron.png

Krusef (Charm)

Krusef.gif                The_Superior_Krusef.gif                The_Mighty_Krusef.gif               The_Legendary_Krusef.gif                   

Krusef.png The_Superior_Krusef.png The_Mighty_Krusef.png The_Legendary_Krusef.png

Spinel (Myshop Only, Can Be Any Type)

Spinel_(Guardian).gif                 The_Superior_Spinel_(Guardian).gif                  The_Mighty_Spinel_(Guardian).gif                 The_Legendary_Spinel_(Guardian).gif                

Spinel_(Guardian).png The_Superior_Spinel_(Guardian).png The_Mighty_Spinel_(Guardian).png The_Legendary_Spinel_(Guardian).png

Once you decide on which guardian you want, you'll have to decide on what build you want.

So if you want say, the power type.. Sephirens, you'll need most points in power (eg. 6143).

That means you'll get Sephirens as your Guardian.

How many points that are in each stat depends on what skills they will be able to learn.

They can only learn first job skills unless you have a specific Rune from Myshop.

List of skills that a guardian can learn:

Power Skills

• Shockwave
• Burning Rave
• Upper Smash
• Tornado Bomb
• Shockvibe
• Sense Breaker
• Luck Breaker
• Armor Breaker
• Bulls Eye

Magic Skills

• Mana Arrow
• Arrow Rush
• Mana Ring
• Mana Ring Booster
• Mana Storm
• Rust
• Mana Web
• Cure

Sense Skills

• Stone Strike
• Sticky Foot
• Armor Destructor

Charm Skills

• Power Blow
• Titanium Wrist
• Final Blow
• Magic Meltdown
• Magic Defense Breaker
• Skunk Pouch

However, I recommend learning skills like,

Skunk Pouch, Magic Defense Breaker, Magic Meltdown, Armor Destructor, Armor Breaker & Luck Breaker.

A good rune to invest in is Cochma's Rune and learn Shield Breaker. (Unless you're a magic user)

Remember, you need to have enough points to learn skills. So if you get Cochma's Rune and you want to learn Shield Breaker.

You'll need 4 points in sense, 1 point for each skill you had to learn to get SB (because yes, you still need the required skills just like Lions/Hunter Lords)

So how the maturing of your Soul Seed works is, you do certain activities to earn points in a stat.

Your Soul Seed will mature when it either hits 6 in one stat or 14 in total.

You want to avoid hitting 6 in one stat unless you already have 13 points in total. Unless you just want a normal Guardian.

(eg. 5143 then on the very last point, you get the 6th stat in power)

Before you start, I recommend choosing a title for your guardian.

The Titles are:

Superior

Mighty

Legendary

Accomplished

and of course you can just do normal with no title at all

Skip to the next post to learn how to get these specific titles

How to earn points for each stat

Power

• Use HP Recovery Potions (HP Potions give 1 Charm Growth Point for every 2 Power Growth Points)
2,500 Potions for each Power Growth Point

• Exchange with a NPC

• Use a Power Skill

Magic

• Use MP Recovery Potions (MP Potions give 1 Sense Growth Point for every 2 Magic Growth Points)
2,500 Potions for each Magic Growth Point

• Exchange with a NPC

• Use Magic Skill

Sense

• Drill in a empty spot (Stops after 3rd Sense Point)

• Drill up an item (Recommended after 3rd Sense Point)

• Use MP Recovery Potions (MP Poitions give 1 Sense Growth Point for every 2 Magic Growth Points)

• Block a Monsters Attack

• Use Sense Skill

Charm

• View a players profile (Stops after 2nd Charm Point)

• Use HP Recovery Potions (HP Potions give 1 Charm Growth Point for every 2 Power Growth Points)
5,000 Potions for each Charm Growth Point

• Pick up Galders

• Use a NPC's Shop (I.e Item Girl, Stops after 3rd Charm Point)

• Evade (Miss) a Monsters Attack (Only works for monsters with a 20 level difference)

You have the option to return your Dimensional Key.

You can go back to Spirit of Nefertiti after your Soul Seed matures.

By doing so you'll get a Dimensional Card Pack which gives you Secret Cards that will be needed later on.

BUT I recommend not returning it as its a really good and quick way to teleport back to Mega.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Now to teach you how to get titles.. lets start with

Superior  

The_Superior_Sephirens.gifThe_Superior_Digrimm.gif The_Superior_Ifron.gif The_Superior_Krusef.gif The_Superior_Spinel_(Guardian).gif

It's simple, you just need exactly 3 points in each stat making your build 3333.

How you get the stats though can be tricky.

Depending on which guardian you want, you'll want to get the most experience in that one stat.

So if you want the Charm Guardian, Krusef, you'll want to get the most experience in charm, but still making it 3.

(Check @Stars & @Umme Posts Below for More Detail!)

I recommend doing certain things first, such as spam viewing hidden profiles for the 1st and 2nd charm point so that your build will be 0002.

Then going on to spamming HP pots for 3 power points and 1 charm point making it 3003 and so on.

Just an example, it'll take some strategy depending on which guardian you want.

Mighty

The_Mighty_Sephirens.gif The_Mighty_Digrimm.gif The_Mighty_Ifron.gif The_Mighty_Krusef.gif The_Mighty_Spinel_(Guardian).gif

For this, all you need to do is get 14 total points.

A lot easier than some other titles that I'll tell you how to get.

Legendary

The_Legendary_Sephirens.gif The_Legendary_Digrimm.gif The_Legendary_Ifron.gif The_Legendary_Krusef.gif The_Legendary_Spinel_(Guardian).gif

This is the one most people have questions about.

To be honest its pretty time consuming.

You'll need Card ID for this, you're gonna need about 1,600 cards or so.

It'll probably take awhile for you to just get the cards alone.

I recommend getting these cards first if you want a legendary before you implant your seed.

And do it before you start making your build. What you wanna do is play Card ID till your egg stops flashing.
Like this:
61ea348f05363910274016eab806b6f9.pngc79e623aab47c47d239658b4f7dc7549.png

This is called Secret Empathy, it means you'll have extra points in stats that you can't see till you hatch your guardian.

The very last flash you get when your egg stops flashing means you'll get 2 points in that stat. So watch out for that.

You can also do Fortune Telling from Stella everyday to get Secret Empathy points.

It'll make it so you don't need as many cards, but it requires money.

Your legendary guardian should have 19 points after hatching.

This is a good chance to collect your Secret Cards that you will need for later.

Accomplished

The_Superior_Sephirens.gif The_Superior_Digrimm.gif The_Superior_Ifron.gif The_Superior_Krusef.gif The_Superior_Spinel_(Guardian).gif

Not many people have this title.

It is even more complicated than the Legendary title.

To get it you'll need a 4444 build, but heres the twist. It counts Secret Empathy too.

What you'll have to do is do the same thing as Legendary, play Card ID till your egg stops flashing.

Pay attention to the VERY LAST FLASH that you will get. You'll get 2 points in that stat after your egg hatches.

All the other stats you'll get 1. So if the last flash is Power, then you'll want to build the egg to be 2333.

Of course depending on which guardian you want, get more experience in that point.

Then all you have to do is hatch your egg and it should be Accomplished.

No Title

Sephirens.gif Digrimm.gif Ifron.gif Krusef.gif Spinel_(Guardian).gif

Literally just anything else besides whats listed above.

Now that you chose your build, title and guardian.

and went through the long process of getting the build, title and guardian that you want.

You're off to collect the rest of your SC's and do the quest to hatch your beloved guardian!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Now you'll need

Secret Cards

You get them from Card ID

There's 16 of them, you can buy from players if  you want.

To do this quest, you'll need to be Lvl 180+, be 3rd job and have your Soul Seed Matured.

Then once you get your Secret Cards, you'll need to go combine them in your My View under Secret to get a map and your off to go do your quests!

You will need:

Honey_Tea.gif Honey Tea

Harkon.gif Harkon

Secret_Space_Map.gif Secret Space Map

You get the Honey Tea from combining x1 Honey, x2 Royal Jelly and 2x Distilled Water at Compounder Paul in Mega or Azteca.

The Honey & Jelly is from Forest Wasp in Southwest Forest. Distilled Water can be bought from Item Girl.

Harkon you can get from drilling ores for Blacksmith Marx in Snow or Tap Mine. You can also get it from drilling in Techichi or Tapasco Fields.

Use the Map you got from your Secret Cards and you'll get a little icon on the top left, click it and it'll tell you where to go.

Go to the field it says and in your chat it'll say how far away you are from the spot.

Once you find the spot, use a drill in the area and you'll find a secret passage way that will warp you to a different map.

Talk to Janus' Messenger and he'll ask you to collect 10x Living Flame which is dropped from Red Flame Spirit.

Then you'll have to kill Red Flame Monster.

He'll want a Harkon and Phantom Dust.

After that, teleport to Eclipse and she'll ask for an unknown item, that item is the Honey Tea.

You'll get sent to a room with Don Danihen and Little Rosaline.

Talk to them and you'll have to kill your Doppleganger, talk to the mirror and it'll send you to it.

After your done and you have your Phantom Dust and Harkon, return to Janus' Messenger and CONGRATS!

You got your guardian!

After you have your guardian, go to Garden of Skill Master and talk to Eclipse

Who will want a P. Anemone Card which is dropped by Popeyed Anemone in Seabed Field 1 at Ghost Blue.

You'll receive Mind's Eye which is needed for Episode 6 & to see the Shadow World.

a lot of info was taken from the wiki

thanks to my lovely best friend @Maple for the banner!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

good job :heart:

• Like 1

All the formatting and everything is done really well <3 thanks for the TOP NOTCH guide :smile:

• Like 1

Amazing guide, very neat. All the effort will not go to waste. (if i ever make a guide, it will look bad compared to this)

• Like 1

Thanks <3 @Umme @Butler

• Like 1

Really pretty guide. I  liked how you included the pictures of all the guardians, it's a good reference of who will match my characters the cutest :smile: :heart:
A little bit of constructive criticism:

On 4/15/2018 at 3:04 PM, Nessie said:

Superior  

The_Superior_Sephirens.gifThe_Superior_Digrimm.gif The_Superior_Ifron.gif The_Superior_Krusef.gif The_Superior_Spinel_(Guardian).gif

It's simple, you just need exactly 3 points in each stat making your build 3333.
How you get the stats though can be tricky.

Depending on which guardian you want, you'll want to get 3 in that stat first.

So if you want the Charm Guardian, Krusef, you'll want to get 3 points in charm first.

I recommend doing certain things first, such as spam viewing hidden profiles for the 1st and 2nd charm point so that your build will be 0002.
Then going on to spamming HP pots for 3 power points and 1 charm point making it 3003 and so on.
Just an example, it'll take some strategy depending on which guardian you want.

The bolded isn't necessarily correct. You could get 3 in charm first and it could end up being Krusef, but what ultimately decides which guardian you'll get is where the majority of the points are allocated. It is dependent on order, not experience!

• Like 1

Other guides say that it depends on which stat has the most experience.

Example, if your build is exactly 3333 and then you use a HEALTH potion, you will get Sephirens because power will have the most EXP in it.

Another example, If your build is exactly 3333 and then you use 5 HEALTH potions and then use 10 MANA potions, you will get Digrimm because magic has the most EXP in it. 

You have to be careful because you cannot see the amount of EXP that each stat has, you only know when it hits the amount that is required to raise the point up.

Example, If your power stat goes up to one point, then you know that you currently have 5000 EXP in power.

Can someone confirm whether this is true or not?

• Like 1

I typo’d so bad, just realized the last sentence didn’t make sense with the other things I typed.. I need sleep :despair: It is NOT* dependent on order,  but experience. 

Edited by Stars
  • Like 1

Ohh I see! I've actually never heard that before. Thanks for letting me know! :D @Stars @Umme

Edited!

This guide is amazing!! I've only had 1 guardian even though I've played this game for ages :despair: (I think I'm just a little lazy~) so this helps so much! I never knew you could get a different title. Keep up the great work! :smile:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Catty said:

This guide is amazing!! I've only had 1 guardian even though I've played this game for ages :despair: (I think I'm just a little lazy~) so this helps so much! I never knew you could get a different title. Keep up the great work! :smile:

Aww! Thank you so much :heart:I really appreciate it. I'm so happy that this guide is helping players!

Nvm my posting, I was wrong with the info lol.

Edited by Nirimetus
My info was wrong and no longer needed.
  • Haha 1

I have a question regarding CI in order to hatch a Legendary Guardian.
How does CI influences on it? Because you're just using cards to try and find some of the SC cards and stuff, not really working on the empathy or something, unless I'm missing something important here.

I think CI is designed as spell, so it will go for magic, but only when cast, not during the CI process, at least is what it felt when I was doing massive CI earlier.

Nvm above the answer bellow is the right and I saw that earlier in the post lol. My mind is really going to places unknown to me.

Edited by Nirimetus

1 hour ago, dvilela said:

I have a question regarding CI in order to hatch a Legendary Guardian.
How does CI influences on it? Because you're just using cards to try and find some of the SC cards and stuff, not really working on the empathy or something, unless I'm missing something important here.

When you use CI, your egg will flash. You get "Secret Empathy" points, which is what determines if you get a legendary or not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

hi nessie! i wanted to ask:

if i want a legendary spinel, what would the process look like? do i have to get my first guardian to legendary first, or i can get any random guardian with any title and then work on spinel as a completely separate guardian?

• Love 1

@xin thought i'd answer as i just came across this thread.

your first guardian does not have to be a legendary; you can get any guardian. you could even hatch it as it is if you want (it'll be 1111).

then, work on your legendary spinel, as you would with any legendary.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

On 4/15/2018 at 2:03 PM, Nessie said:

• Buy items from Item Girl Shop, one by one

Hi. I wanted to add that I noticed my seed stopped reacting from buying items, after hitting 3 stats into charm. It also stopped reacting from getting blocks/misses.

Edited by Badfish
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Badfish said:

Hi. I wanted to add that I noticed my seed stopped reacting from buying items, after hitting 3 stats into charm. It also stopped reacting from getting blocks/misses.

Thank you ~
Edited, if someone could please confirm this that would be very appreciated.

Here's a more detailed Empathy Chart.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1edAleixVUMxybLsQsAxkO-co-wtdIHF2zaG3OS-BL9E/edit#gid=0

And according to this chart, yes, using the NPC shops stops giving empathy after 3.

Also for blocks and misses, after a certain empathy level, block and misses will only give empathy when monsters are within 20 levels of you.

Edited by UberPrinny
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, UberPrinny said:

Here's a more detailed Empathy Chart.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1edAleixVUMxybLsQsAxkO-co-wtdIHF2zaG3OS-BL9E/edit#gid=0

And according to this chart, yes, using the NPC shops stops giving empathy after 3.

Also for blocks and misses, after a certain empathy level, block and misses will only give empathy when monsters are within 20 levels of you.

Thank you :D