Sign in to follow this  
minihinimeffort

Connection error

Question

I may just be missing something. I do that a lot.

I am having some issues with the Trickster Launcher as it opens properly yet crashes soon after a pop-up window shows up saying 'Can't Connect Update Server.'

Any assistance in the matter would be greatly appreciated.
Watch this be a simple fix. :kidding:

Thanks in advance.

10 answers to this question

I was almost ready to give up until I found out that my anti-virus had some web specific securities that I failed to check. It was severing the connection between the program and the update server. I still need to find a way to get them to work together, so I ain't out of the thicket yet but it's progress and if I so wish, I can finally play.

Thank you Nessie and Raymonf for the assistance.
See you all in-game.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Raymonf said:

Run as admin.

Gave that a try. Did some reinstall. Tried all the mirrors. I even have the file exempt from my anti-virus and firewall. I could assume it's an issue with my router, which I can do a port forward but I don't have the info needed to do so. But I am not even sure that's needed. Here is a picture attached for a better example of my current issue.

Running on Windows 10, I have tried compatibility mode.

LifeTOl1.jpg

Edited by minihinimeffort

Did you maybe check your antivirus? I forget if this was a completely different issue but do you have the trickster.bin file in your folder?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Nessie said:

Did you maybe check your antivirus? I forget if this was a completely different issue but do you have the trickster.bin file in your folder?

Hmm That dirty lil antivirus. That file is missing. Let me try something and I will be back with an edit.

54 minutes ago, minihinimeffort said:

Hmm That dirty lil antivirus. That file is missing. Let me try something and I will be back with an edit.

Did you figure it out? If you need the file, I can give it to you through discord!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Nessie said:

Did you figure it out? If you need the file, I can give it to you through discord!

I'm trying so hard to get it. :despair: Haha
Yes please, that would make this much easier.

Have you already resolved it?