TamiChipCookie

Game Doesn't Actually Install?

Question

Hello! I'm excited to play again. I've been playing since I was about 10 years old. I want to get my sis to play again too but she wont play unless I find a simple way to make he game work. Now I know it's not simple. I'm on Windows 10. I thought I installed the game but it doesn't show up in the Control Panel like the other large games that I install. the launcher comes up  and updates it all but then when I hit start game, nothing happens. I've noticed that the game is nowhere to be found in program files or program files (x86). I started off extracting the game to (D:) but the game didn't launch. I deleted everything and started over about 4 times putting the extractions in (C:) and trying program files but those didn't work. I've also excluded it in all of my antivirus and let  it through the firewall. I also changed the compatibility settings and none of them work. I've looked through so many questions in this forum to find the answer but none seems to be helping. I've also installed the Leatrix Latency. I'm thinking this game did not install at all and there's something I'm missing. Is there something I need in order to actually install the game? Is it my graphics? I'll be checking this often because I don't want to miss anything and be written off as solved if its not solved. Thanks!

8 answers to this question

Last I checked (3/24/19), Graem gave you a manual patch and then I didn't hear from you. Can you post a little more detail about the issue?

Hello,

I may not be able to help with the technical aspects of your problem, but if you join our discord server there are more people active there willing to help you with this problem!

Sorry for the delayed response. 

• Like 1

@TamiChipCookie Sorry, I haven't really kept up with the support chat. So the support chat hasn't been able to help you with your issues? If you bring up your problem again in support chat and ping @Raymonf @momokoto they could possibly help you (although they may have tried to help you before). 

Hi! Sorry I'm a lil late. Hi @momokoto I saw that Graem gave me a copy of the files he had in his lifeto folder. They were immediately seen as a trojan when i tried to download them which is odd because my own stuff didnt do that even before I excluded it in the antivirus. I tried installing playtrickster which actually installed to the computer completely and showed up in my control panel. There was nothing wrong with it except i had to run as administrator. I didnt even have to exclude it from any antivus but i really dont want to play that version. The Playtrickster server is dead. I want to actually play with people. 😆

So if playtrickster works perfectly fine and is completely installed, why doesnt LifeTO have the things they have? Its like im missing something but apparently it doesnt need to be completely installed?

Should i try to put it in program files x86 again?

Im trying to think of all the info I can give. I have a Dell inspiron with Windows 10.

I have a memory allocation fix that clears out the standby memory every now and then for another game I play but i dont know if that has anything to do with it. 

I tried installing the game and getting the latency leatrix thing to go along with it to see if anything would change. No luck. 

I dont know if its a lost cause for me xD

Edited by TamiChipCookie
to tag momokoto

I am not the best with technical sadly (I have asked someone else to help and will return with an answer), but I do have an explanation for the difference in files. LifeTO is missing a few files, and a lot are corrupt for many in game features, while rTO has paid to have people patch up the game. Since we have no form of income that is not a possibility for us, and buying the fixed files is also out of budget. I hope this gets resolved soon, we'd love to have you!

@TamiChipCookie

Please Try the following steps:

1. Create a new folder on your preferred download directory
  2. Add that folder(a) to your windows firewall/antivirus exceptions. ( if you are running malwarebytes or any other service please check there as well)
  3. Create a new folder on your x86 program files ( this will be your destination folder)
  4. Add the x86 newly created folder(b) to the exceptions
  5. Download the game to foler(a) ( after uninstalling all previous instances of game)
  6. Run the install wizard as admin
  7. Select folder(b) during the install wizard

If all goes trough okay, launch the game from the Splash.exe file as administrator.

If that goes trough as well then click check files to make sure all patches are downloaded and installed.

Let us know how it goes and what problems if any you are running into.

Best of luck.

*** I'm not part of the support team. Just trying to help! ****

• Like 1